WHAT IS wing chun?
Wing Chun is a Chinese martial art and form of self-defense. It is a striking art that focuses on close-range combat. Wing Chun has been popularized in film by actor Donnie Yen's portrayal of Grandmaster Ip Man, Bruce Lee's original martial arts teacher. The idea of Wing Chun is to be firm yet flexible by deflecting or redirecting attacks while striking simultaneously.
WHO IS wing chun FOR?
Wing Chun can be practiced by men and women of all ages, experience, and levels of athleticism. No previous experience is required.
HOW WILL wing chun BENEFIT ME?
- Learn to redirect and focus energy
- Better coordination
- Build power through form and technique
- Increase speed and strength
- Better accuracy and coordination
- Overall physical health and fitness
- Mental and emotional well-being
Wing Chun classes are available Tuesday and Thursday at 8:00 pm, Friday at 5:00 pm, and every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month at 1:00 pm.